CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cracked up to Be by Courtney Summers

Cracked up to Be by Courtney Summers

Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin; 1 edition (December 23, 2008)
Paperback: 224 pages
Age Group: Young Adult


"What's the worst thing you've ever done?
When "Perfect" Parker Fadley starts drinking at school and failing her classes, all of St. Peter's High goes on alert. How has the cheerleading captain, girlfriend of the most popular guy in school, consummate teacher's pet, and future valedictorian fallen so far from grace?
Parker doesn't want to talk about it. She'd just like to be left alone, to disappear, to be ignored. But her parents have places her on suicide watch and her counselors are demanding the truth. Worse, there's a nice guy falling in love with her and he's making her feel things again when she'd really rather not be feeling anything at all.
Nobody would have guesses she'd turn out like this. But nobody knows the truth.
Something horrible has happened, and it just might be her fault."



Cracked up to Be really proved itself to me throughout the book. I got it because of a suggestion I got from a friend. Lots of people were telling me how great it was, so I got it. When I first saw it in my box of books I received, I was excited to read it, but also pretty "meh" about it.

At the beginning it took me a while to get into. But after that I got so hooked on it that all I could think about was reading more.

All of the characters in the book completely make it a book that I will never forget. They are amazing and living through the eyes of Parker was really amazing. At first I was a bit weird with her name, giving it lots of great points, though, for being unique. I love unique names. But after a while it grew on me and I believed it really suited her. Don't ask me why because I wouldn't know the answer.

Everything is great in this book and I highly recommend it.

And yes, I cried, okay? I mean, how can you not? Part of it was extremely sad. I find it hilarious how I hate crying in front of people when there is a real problem. But with a book I can sit there and cry and just completely tell whoever is bugging me about it to go to hell.

Also, by the way, I warn those who are sensitive to cursing. There is a lot of it in this book. But don't let that stop you from reading it. It's VERY good!

Photobucket

If you'd like to purchase Cracked up to Be, here are a few places to do it!
Amazon
Barnes and Nobles
Books-a-Million

Here is a Cracked up to Be goodie for you!



*Note: I did not make this video, so I don't take any credit for it.

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

I really need to read this book!!! Thanks to your review it's been bumped up on my tbr list hehe
I need to catch up on my reading first :D

Mandy said...

It's a VERY good book. You should def read it very, very soon!!

Ashley said...

Man, none of the book stores around me have this book! I have to go like, an hour away to pick it up. And I think it will be worth it! :)

Mandy said...

Oh, Ashley, it will be! I promise. It was amazing.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog