CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

In My Mailbox: Week six

In My Mailbox was start by wonderful Story Siren. In My Mailbox is where you can tell your readers what you got in the mail that week. Well, the important things like books, that is.

What is the contents of my mailbox this week you ask?

Well... I had a bit of a slow week this week.


Memoirs of a Fortune Teller by Gary Turcotte
(October 19, 2009)

Mary Ann was a traveling fortune teller. She knew everyone's future, but her own. She left this journal with many disturbing readings.

This sounds pretty good, not completely sure of what it's about. But hopefully I won't be disappointed.


Vigilante Witch Hunter by Gary Turcotte
(January 21, 2009)

Melissa married the man of her dreams. She didn't know that he was a fortune teller. His secret life brought many dark hearted people into Melissa's future. She wondered if her soul mate had sold his soul to the devil. Sometimes a buried treasure is best left alone.

The cover looks pretty cool, sounds okay. Hopefully it is really good!




The Devouring by Simon Holt
(September 1, 2008)

When dark creep in and eats the light,
Bury your fears on Sorry Night.
For in the winter's blackest hours
Comes the feasting of the Vours.
No one can see it, the life they stole,
Your body's here but not your soul...

I have been waiting to read this for a while and was extremely happy to receive it in the mail. My dad brought me a package that said Hachette on it and I freaked out. But wasn't entirely sure what it was, so I ripped it open, of course, and hugged the book when I saw it. I love the cover and the summary sounds a bit creepy. Can't wait to read this!

So what did you get in the mail this week?

12 Comments:

Erika Powell said...

The cover of The Devouring is stunning!

Mandy said...

Erika Lynn: Yes! I love the cover. And not just because my favorite colors are black and purple.

Reverie said...

OOOH... Devouring looks sooooo good. Can't wait to see what you thikn about it. It's now on my "to read" list. goody!

susan said...

A slow week isn't always bad. I get anxious when I get huge pile ups and I know I'm not going to reduce it anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Oo, awesome about The Devouring. I have been wanting to read that as well. Hope you enjoy it!

the story siren said...

how ironic that two covers have orbs! can't wait to see what you think!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I really want The Devouring. And the first one sounds interesting. never heard of it.

-Lauren

deltay said...

The Devouring looks great, I've been meaning to chcek that out.

Sadly, I didn't get anything in the mail this week :(

Nancy said...

You had a good week. The Devouring is amazing, you will enjoy it. As for the other books I have never heard of them, but will look into them.

Ashley said...

i have something on my blog for you!

Amy said...

i just finished devouring, it was creepy! but i liked it...
-amy

Lenore Appelhans said...

I love the cover of The Devouring but I think it sounds way too scary for me.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog