CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Going too Far by Jennifer Echols

Going too Far by Jennifer Echols

Publisher: MTV Books
(March 17, 2009)
Paperback: 256 pages
Age Group: Young Adult

Amazon
Books-A-Million
Barnes and Nobles

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?

All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.

John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....



Going too Far is easy to read and utterly amazing. I couldn't put it down, which is why I stayed up until seven in the morning reading it, with a headache. I would definitely recommend this; it is now one of my top favorite stand-alone novels.

The characters were amazing and real. I really loved Meg and John. They were both funny and just overall lovable characters, both with an interesting backgrounds that shocked me as I was reading.

The plot was unique and loveable, though it did end up different than what I expected. Which isn't bad, I just kind of thought the story would go a different way.

The originality was unique and the writing was really well done and pulled me in it from the first page.

The pages of this books is filled with teen rebellion, discovery, love, and coming of age. Both Meg and John discovered a lot about themselves, each other and the world.

I cried many, many times in this book. Not going to tell where, though, because it will give some parts away. I think everyone should read this book, at least once. I know I will be reading it many more times in the future. I am definitely going to be awaiting to read more of her novels soon.

Also, you gotta love that cover. It is brilliant! Sadly, though, my ARC is just green, purple, and white. I have to say that I will definitely be getting another copy of this with the actual cover, soon. For this reason.

five stars

*Note: I did not take the picture, ~DeAtHBuTtErFly-stock created this picture, the only credit I take is for editing it.

5 Comments:

Laina said...

I don't see what the big deal with blue hair is. I had blue streaks for a couple months (they faded) and as soon as my dye comes, I will again.

Erika Powell said...

I loved this book too, Echols is really one of my favorite authors

Blodeuedd said...

Must check it out cos I do need a book that makes me wanna stay up all night finishing it

Unknown said...

I really need to read this one it sounds awesome :D

Mandy said...

It is! Read it! Like now! Seriously! READ!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog