CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

In My Mailbox: Week Seven through Nine

Yes, I know. I've been a bad mother to my blog. Neglecting it. BUT I have NOT abandoned it. I've just been extremely busy with all my school work, and for those who do not know I have a job now. Finally! So I've been trying to get used to doing that and all my school work and things.

I'm trying to get organized and manage my time more. So I won't be so stressed, because seriously! I do not do well with stress and it's always with me. It's taking too much energy out of me. But with the help of my trusty planner Scarlett (That's the name of my shiny red planner! :) Yes, I'm weird.) and lots and lots of list, hopefully I can get everything under control.

So, anyway, onto the more interesting stuff.

In My Mailbox was created by the wonderful Kristi, the Story Siren. With the help from an idea the wonderful Alea thought up.

In My Mailbox is where you can tell your readers what you got in the mail that week. Well, the important things like books, that is.


What has been in my mailbox the last three weeks, you ask?

In the week of 02/23/09-03/01/09 I got:

CoffeeHouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors (ARC) July 21, 2009
Falling for Romeo by Jennifer Laurens (PB) October 1, 2009 Signed
Magic Hands by Jennifer Laurens (PB) February 1, 2007 Signed
The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry (HB) March 3, 2009
Exposed by Susan Vaught (HB) November 25, 2008
My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison (HB) January 6, 2009
First Blood by Chris Marie Green, Susan Sizemore, Erin McCarthy, Meljean Brook (PB) August 5, 2008 Signed by Chris Marie Green
Vampire Babylon: Night Rising by Chris Marie Green (PB) February 6, 2007 Signed
Vampire Babylon: Midnight Reign by Chris Marie Green (PB) Bebruary 5, 2008 Signed
Vampire Babylon: Break of Dawn by Chris Marie Green (PB) September 2, 2008 Signed

In the week of 03/02/09-03/08/09 I got:

Evermore by Alyson Noel (PB) February 3, 2009
A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell (ARC) April 15th, 2009

In the week of 03/09/09-03/15/09 I got:

Generation Dead by Daniel Waters (HB) May 6, 2008
Kiss of Life by Daniel Waters (ARC) May 12, 2009
Hunted by P.C Cast and Kristin Cast (HB) March 10, 2009
Almost Home by Jessica Blank (HB) October 23, 2007
Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz (HB) October 28, 2008

Also, I bought Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist on DVD!! I haven't read the book yet, but I really did love the movie. I've been wanting to read the book for a while, but haven't gotten to yet. But I am hoping to buy it when I go to Books-A-Million this week. After I found out the movie was coming out I decided to wait on buying the book so I wouldn't be disappointed if the movie was way off, like most book-to-movies do. Which I find extremely annoying because if you are going to create something, you should seriously STICK TO THE BOOK. And, I mean, even if it is, like, a 1,000 page book or something and you can't fit EVERYTHING in, at least the script writers need to sit down with the author and ask the author which parts are more important and should be kept in the movie no matter what. It should be in the author's hands throughout the process, no matter what. Because it was THEIR idea.

But anyway, enough of that, I don't want to launch in and write a book on how much it annoys me. You'd be here for hours and hours reading just this one post.

Also, onto the going to Books-A-Million this week thing. All of you who read this, recommend books to me that you think I should read, or if you want me to review something that you haven't read yet and want to hear my opinion on it, tell me them all. I'll see if I can get them when I go. I haven't been in a while and I usually just get my stuff online(Amazon rocks, by the way!)

If you'd like me to review the movie after I've read the book and compare them and stuff, tell me and I'll do it if I get enough votes on it. :)

And remember, if there is anything you would like to talk to me about or recommend to me or just anything you'd like to see on Nocturnal Reviews, email me at mandywriter92@gmail.com and I'll email you back. :)

So what did you get in the mail this week?



7 Comments:

Liviania said...

I liked the movie after reading the book. I'm jealous of your mailbox - especially Kiss of Life.

Mandy said...

Hehe, it was from the last three weeks. I need to get caught up on a lot. I'm working on that tonight after I finish my 'To Do Lists' and my 'schedule'.
I have GOT to STICK to my schedule and lists and do them ON time and manage my time more. T_T
Seriously.

Laina said...

Hey, your chatbox isn't working.

Alea said...

You definitely need to read Nick and Norah! So good! Love your new header!

Mandy said...

Laina: I checked it out and it does work, it just doesn't show up in the text boxes because the font color is white. Sorry about that.

Alea: Yesss, I should! Lol

Mandy said...

Laina: I checked it out and it does work, it just doesn't show up in the text boxes because the font color is white. Sorry about that.

Alea: Yesss, I should! Lol

Reverie said...

The Amaranth Enchantment,Generations Dead, Kiss of life, evermore... Wow you got some great books!!! lucky you!!!

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog