CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just One Wish by Janette Rallison


Just One Wish by Janette Rallison

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile (March 5, 2009)
Paperback: 264 pages
Age Group: Young Adult

Amazon
Barnes and Nobles
Books-A-Million


Annika Truman will go to the ends of the earth to help her little brother— Or at least as fast as Hollywood.

Stalking a famous (and hunky) actor and convincing him to come home with you shouldn't be too difficult—should it? Annika is desperate to get her brother Jeremy's favorite television star to come visit him in person. That's the only thing that will convince Jeremy that wishes really do come true. And Annika's deepest wish is for Jeremy to believe that his upcoming surgery will go well. Annika will stop at nothing to give her brother the power of positive thinking.



Just One Wish wasn't what I expected at all. I mean, I had never read anything by Janette Rallison before, so I wasn't completely sure on her writing. When I first tried to read this, I couldn't get into it, at all. So I put it back in my pile and started reading another book. The release date was growing closer, so I decided to start reading it again, and finally got into it, and boy, am I glad!

It was a really cute read and actually made me cry at a few parts. I felt so bad for Annika and her brother.

The plot was unique, but not very realistic. Which is why they call it fiction, but it did kind of bother me a bit at some parts. But didn't take away from the story too much.

I liked the characters a lot. Annika was a great protagonist and I admired her determination to make her brother's wish come true and her devotion to help him develop positive thinking. It was a bit predictable at times, but she threw in some twists that I didn't expect at all. Especially at the end.

Annika and Steve's relationship was cute and it added to the story, but when you think about how fast paced their relationship was, it isn't very believable. Which is a bit annoying. Sure, every girl (Including myself sometimes.) secretly wishes that a star will fall completely and madly in love with her, but when does that ever happen?

Overall it really was a great read. I would definitely recommend it to any book lover out there! Rallison is a talented writer and I can't wait to read more from her. She knows how to hook you after a while and give you a cute, short read that you won't forget.

The cover was pretty cute as well. I wouldn't normally go for covers like this, but it's cute.

four stars









1 Comment:

Mandy said...

Maybe the comments will work now....

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog