CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Privilege by Kate Brian

Privilege by Kate Brian

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing (December 30, 2008)
Paperback: 304 Pages.
Age Group: Young Adult


"Most Girls Would die for a life of Privilege.... Some would even kill for it.

Ariana Osgood ruled exclusive Easton Academy—until she was arrested for murdering Thomas Pearson. She's spent the past two years at Brenda T. Trumbell Correctional Facility for Women plotting her escape and is determinded to get second chance at the glamorous life she left behind. And Ariana will do anything to get her way...."


Alrigtht, I admit, when I first got this book from Pulse It, I was dreading having to read this. I wasn't sure if I would like it. I'm not normally into these type of books. I thought it would be another Gossip Girl type thing, which don't get me wrong, I love watching Gossip Girl. Haven't read any of the books yet, though. I thought that this would be filled with snobby, stuck up girls who love spending their daddy's money.

But Goddess was I wrong!

Privilege was actually very good and I would highly recommend it. But, one suggestion would be to read the Private series first. I haven't read them yet and I was a bit lost in this book in some areas. But not completely lost, so that was good.

The writing itself was really good. I think I found one error, though. It said something about Kaitlynn, when I think she meant Brianna Leigh. It had me reading over the sentence for about five minutes, trying to figure out if Ariana was thinking of Kaitlynn or seeing Brianna Leigh as Kaitlynn, or if it was just an error.

I really liked Ariana, despite the fact she's killed a lot of people. She was a really good character though and I feel as if she's one of my friends. She came from a wealthy family, but she didn't let that take over how she saw things, mostly. She really started appreciating what she had and I was happy for that.

I can't wait to read the sequel to this and I'm really thinking of reading the Private series. I've added them to my list. I may wait until the sequel to make a final decision.

Photobucket

If you'd like to purchase Privilege, here are a few places to do it!
Amazon
Barnes and Nobles
Books-a-Million

Here is a Privilege goodie for you!


*Note: I did not make this wallpaper, so I don't take any credit for it. You can find it here!

1 Comment:

alexis said...

I have read all of the Private series(including the prequal of course,Last Christmas, which is before all the year of the private series and thats about ariana also). Actually LESS THAN 5 MINUTES AGO i finished the second book in the PRIVILEGE series.the third one comes out in october(2009 of course).and the next book in Private(the ninth one,not including the prequal idont think,Suspicion,comes out in september. i just LOVE kate brian's books!!email me if u wanna chat about these books at da_angel47@yahoo.com

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog